Friday, August 29, 2014

Lodging -- Blackstone Renaissance Hotel, Chicago, IL



My son is beginning his freshman year at Columbia College of Chicago and this past week we moved him into his dorm.  Being a Marriott Rewards member, my wife and I stayed at the Blackstone Renaissance Hotel since it is a great place and is close to his school.  Our stay couldn't have been any better.  First, we were given a room with a fantastic view of Lake Michigan, the Navy Pier, Soldier Field, and the Chicago Skyline.  



Embedded image permalink

Lake Michigan

Embedded image permalink

Soldier Field

Embedded image permalink

My Wife Enjoying the View!

Secondly, the staff was fantastic, friendly, and helpful – you couldn't ask for better!  Mike, our bellhop, went out of his way to suggest places to go, restaurants to visit, and sites to see.  He even helped my son make some connections in the city, something he’s going to need being so far away from home. 


Embedded image permalink

Mike and Mike!

I highly suggest the Blackstone Renaissance Hotel, especially if you’re a parent to a Columbia College student.  They even offer discounted rates from the school.  I will definitely be back and staying at the Blackstone Renaissance Hotel in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment