Saturday, August 4, 2012

Event: Sailing, Mission Bay, San Diego, Day 17

July 4, 2012 -- Happy Fourth of July!  To be honest, I'm a little bummed since I'm on work travel over the biggest holiday in my hometown, Bristol, RI.  The Fourth of July in Bristol isn't just a one day event, but lasts a good week before and barbecues and parties last long after.  In RI, it's the unofficial kickoff of the summer, so I was sad to miss all the events with my friends and family.

To forget about all the fun, parades and fireworks I'm missing, Enrique, Rocco, and I were invited to go sailing on Mission Bay with, let's call him Raul and his wife, hmmm, Natasha!  Enrique and Raul were a little confused on where to park, the place was packed!


Fortunately we found a parking spot right in the marina, and while we waited Raul secured our sailing vessel!


We all made it to the docks safely and began our two-hour tour of Mission Bay!  Raul was our well experienced captain.


Me, Natasha, Raul, and Rocco on the Bay!


Even Enrique assumed the helm for a bulk of our trip!


All in all, a great day was had by all.  Thanks Raul and Natasha!!!!  After a fun time on the water, it's off time find some grub!


No comments:

Post a Comment