Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Food: KC BBQ, San Diego, Day 21

July 8, 2012 -- After spending almost three hours at Point Loma, I was starving!  Right across the street from the Manchester Grand Hyatt is the Kansas City Barbecue.  This place serves the best barbecue ribs and pull pork sandwiches in the city.  However, the establishment's claim to fame is that the dive bar scene filled in Top Gun was shot here!  The decor hasn't changed since the '80's and it's a quaint place to visit.

With lunch taken care of, I needed to hit the laundromat again.  Get It Clean was the spot once again, and I was able to reach Enrique for a drink afterwards.  With my belly still full of pulled pork, Enrique and I found a local watering hole called True North.  Not a bad place if I do say so myself!  Alas, it was a Sunday and I needed to pack since I would be leaving downtown San Diego for La Jolla once again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment