Monday, August 6, 2012

Nightlife: Gaslamp Bars, San Diego, Day 19

July 6, 2012 -- We love Brooke!  Rocco and I started our Friday night at our favorite watering hole, The Rockin' Baja.  Brooke served us ice cold beers with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes!  It's nice to know that the staff at the Rockin' Baja make you feel like you have a home away from home.  Love you, guys!  The shrimp fajitas filled our bellies -- a must since you need something other than beer in your belly for a night out in the Gaslamp District!  We bid Brooke, Drew, and Jay goodbye, promising that we'll be back again soon, and decided to check out some more hot spots.

Half way up 5th Avenue is the Searsucker, and eclectic bar and restaurant that caters to the young, chic professionals, like us!  Me and Rocco quickly took a liking to the place, grabbing some pints of local brews and mingling with the crowd.  You know those times when you're just "on"?  Yeah, this was the night!  Having an outgoing personality has its upside and me and Rocco made friends with just about everybody tonight!  If you're looking to meet some pretty people, drink fresh local beers, and sample some fine cuisine, the Searsucker needs to be on your list.

After spending a few hours at the same bar, Rocco and I decided to leave and check out a new place.  I was feeling fine, but Rocco was getting a little wobbly.  Across the street was another of our new staples, the Barley Mash.  We crossed the street and found a line wrapping around the corner waiting to get into the place.  I looked at Rocco and said, "We're not waiting in this line!  Come with me."

I walked up to the front of the line, approached the bouncer, and said, "I've been here the last five of seven nights.  I really don't have to wait in this line, do I?"

The bouncer asked, "Who else is with you?"

I jerked my thumb in Rocco's direction.  "Just him," I said.

The bouncer unclipped the velvet rope, waved us forward, and said, "Come on in!"  We walked in,to the chagrin of the others in line and without paying!  Rocco was dumbfounded and kept saying, "I can't believe we just walked right in!"  Enrique and AP would have been proud!

Alas,we lasted only about a half hour; Rocco had had enough, let's leave it at that!  All in all, it was a great night.  Boy, do I love the Gaslamp District!


No comments:

Post a Comment