Saturday, June 9, 2012

Food: Antonio's Restuarant, New Bedford, MA

Last night I took my parents and family to Antonio's Restaurant for my parent's 49th wedding anniversary.  We've been to Antonio's many times in the past, but it was my parent's first time there.  As usual, the place did not disappoint.  The place is an old-styled Portuguese restaurant, family oriented, and cash only.  Though the tables are very close to one another and you usually have to wait 30-60 minutes for a table, it's well worth the wait.  My wife and I split the Paella and had more than enough to take home for another meal or two.


The rest of the meals consisted of surf and turf -- a 16 oz. steak with scallops and shrimp -- beef skewers, again with scallops and shrimp, and a heaping amount of baked stuffed shrimp.  The food is fantastic, the portions huge, and the prices extremely reasonable.  Needless to say, we'll be going back again in the near future and I recommend Antonio's to everyone who enjoys good old-fashioned Portuguese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment