Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lodging: Residence Inn in La Jolla, San Diego, Day 1

June 18, 2012 -- I'm a Marriott Rewards member, so I have a vested interest in taking advantage of staying at Marriotts while on travel any time I can (hey, they bumped me up to Gold level after my last trip!)  When in San Diego, if I can't book a stay in the Gaslamp District I like to stay at the Residence Inn in La Jolla.  The hotel isn't one that has a ton of amenities, but it acts more like and apartment and when I'm in town for a month it more than fits the bill.  AP hates the place, but that's just him. I personally like being close to La Jolla, rubbing elbows with the rich people!  I'm settled in, went to Ralph's to stock up on some groceries (fruit and Coca-Cola!) and chilled out from my long day.  Tomorrow I'll start my work and workout routine (6AM at work, the La Jolla YMCA afterwards), so I'm off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment